As the summer months roll in, we like having our Taheebo Tea on the rocks 🍹 😉
We find it to be a refreshing way to take in the wellness goodies of this amazing tea each day as the temperatures climb.
You may try simply adding some ice to your brewed Taheebo Tea. We also like adding a squeeze of lemon juice to give it a bright, uplifting flavor. We drink it unsweetened, however, some like adding a bit of natural sweetener like stevia or maple syrup. Go ahead experiment, give it a try!
If you are feeling really adventurous you may like to try brewing this Taheebo Alkalizing Digestive Tea.
As you may know, Taheebo Tea is often used to improve gut health as it is a gentle cleanser of pathogens, especially candida, other fungi, and parasites. This recipe adds ginger and mint, which are known for being digestive system allies, as well as lemon juice, creating an alkalizing, digestive brew.
The full recipe is below, however, here’s a quick summary. Simply add grated ginger to your Taheebo Tea as it is brewing on the stove (cook 25 minutes at a gentle rolling boil).
Then add mint leaves, cover and steep for five more minutes.
After straining and allowing your tea to cool, add the lemon juice, a handful of ice, and voilà! You’ve got a refreshing, alkalizing, digestive tea! Feel free to add a little honey, stevia, or your sweetener of choice.
Remember to drink a minimum of one to two cups of water for every cup of Taheebo Tea you drink to stay hydrated and help flush out toxins.
Melissa + Julien
PS – Please share this article with anyone you know who may benefit from the healing powers of Taheebo. Many thanks!
Taheebo Alkalizing Digestive Tea
- 2-4 Quart Stainless Steel Pot
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- 4 ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp Taheebo Wellness Tea bark
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- Sweetener of choice – Stevia, honey, maple syrup, sorghum syrup, etc.… Optional
- In a medium pot, combine water, Taheebo Wellness Tea bark and grated ginger. Bring to a full boil with the lid on. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the mint leaves. Cover and steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour through a strainer and allow to cool.
- Add lemon juice, and optional sweetener and mix well.
- When you are ready to drink, place a handful of ice in a glass and pour over your Taheebo Alkalizing Digestive Tea. Enjoy!
- Store leftover tea in the fridge in a clean glass container.