We’ve started to drink our Taheebo Wellness Tea in a new way based on exciting new research and bio hacks by thought leaders in holistic health. (Read more about the benefits of NAD+ and its connection to Taheebo Tea) After just a few days of drinking our tea this way, I (Melissa) noticed less body pain, elevated mood, smoother and more radiant skin, a deeper healing in the gut than before, and even a little weight loss!
I’ve been doing intermittent fasting, drinking Taheebo Tea daily, and living a strict healing lifestyle for years, so I was surprised to enjoy so many new benefits with just this small change. We’ve both been drinking one cup of our daily Taheebo Tea this way for over a month now with the same great results, and are eager to share the recipe with you.
We use a method to create liposomes with our tea, which dramatically increases the absorption of the potent phytochemicals of Taheebo. Blending brewed Taheebo Tea with a healthy fat such as organic sunflower lecithin or MCT oil creates liposomes that easily pass through the phospholipid cell membranes and even through the blood-brain barrier.
Other fats you may use are ghee, krill oil, olive oil, or full-fat coconut milk. We prefer sunflower lecithin or MCT oil as they are effective yet inexpensive. In fact, sunflower lecithin contains high amounts of phosphatidylcholine which is an excellent way to make phospholipids. For even more absorption, add a pinch of Turmeric before blending.
Taheebo “NAD+ Boosting” Tea Recipe
- 2-4 Quart Stainless Steel Pot
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- Immersion blender
- 4 ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp Taheebo Wellness Tea bark
- ½ tsp MCT oil or Sunflower Leicitin
- 1 pinch Organic Cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch Organic Turmeric powder
Brewing Taheebo Wellness Tea
- Measure out 4 1/2 cups of spring water and add to a stainless steel or glass pot.
- Add 3 tablespoons of Taheebo Wellness Tea bark to the water.
- Bring liquid to a full boil with a lid on the pot.
- Reduce heat and cook at a gentle rolling boil for 25 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature.
NAD+ Boosting Recipe
- Measure out 1 cup of brewed tea and heat to your preferred temperature.
- Optional: Add a pinch of organic turmeric and/or cinnamon for taste.
- Using an immersion blender, blend on high speed for a minimum of 60 seconds in order to create a liposomal tea mixture.
Enjoy your rejuvenating brew!
Melissa + Julien