As the days get colder and the nights get longer we often find ourselves craving hot beverages infused with soul-warming spices such as cinnamon and clove.
Today we want to share a simple recipe that we have been enjoying this season, which transforms your beloved Taheebo Tea into a healthy fall treat. The apple and spices pair nicely with the earthy flavor of Taheebo bark (scroll down for the full recipe). We drink this in addition to our daily cups of Taheebo using the NAD+ Boosting recipe.
We encourage you to give it a try! Snuggle up in a cozy spot with your spicy, healthy tea for a quiet moment of appreciation. A meditation could be: Thank You Universe, for all the good things in my life that I don’t yet know about.
Spiced Apple Taheebo Tea
- Stainless Steel Pot
- Fine Mesh Strainer
- 2 ¼ cups brewed Taheebo Tea
- 1 cup organic apple cider or organic unfiltered apple juice
- 1 organic cinnamon stick
- 10 organic cloves
- 2 tsp organic lemon juice
- Crush the cloves for more flavor (optional): Place cloves on a paper towel, fold it over and press down on them with the bottom of a measuring cup or other sturdy object. You want to apply enough pressure to crack them slightly.
- In a medium pot, combine brewed Taheebo Tea, apple cider, cloves and the cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a full boil with the lid on. Reduce heat and keep on a gentle simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour through a strainer and allow to cool to desired temperature.
- Add lemon juice, and optional sweetener and mix well before serving.