Taheebo Tea, or Pau d’Arco Tea, is derived from the inner bark of the Tabebuia impetiginosa or Tabebuia avellanedae tree. To extract the active chemicals within Taheebo requires the decoction method of brewing – boiling the bark for at least 15 minutes.
Our Taheebo Wellness Tea is 100% inner bark, and prepared in a fine tea grind, not commonly found on the market today. When brewed properly, this grind brews a stronger and more potent Taheebo Tea than preparations made with the cut and sift (C/S) styles of tea.
The brewing instructions below are for our finely ground Taheebo Wellness Tea; the amounts would need to be increased to obtain the same strength if using a C/S style tea.
Taheebo Tea Brewing Instructions
- Measure out 1 quart of spring water and add to a stainless steel or glass pot.
- Add 3 tablespoons of Taheebo Wellness Tea to the water.
- Bring liquid to a full boil with a lid on the pot.
- Reduce heat and cook at a gentle rolling boil for 25 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Pour through a strainer into glass bottles or pitchers. Cap and refrigerate. If you are planning to drink your Taheebo Wellness Tea within 3 days, refrigeration is optional due to its strong, natural anti-bacterial properties. When stored in the refrigerator, your tea will remain fresh for up to 8 days.
- We like to prepare 3 quarts at a time, storing in the refrigerator for easy drinking throughout the week. Follow the same instructions above, using 3 quarts of water and 9 tablespoons of Taheebo Wellness Tea.
For educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.